This policy covers how Boston Computer Scanning, Inc., whose principal place of business is at 59 Albion Street, Wakefield MA ("BCS") treats personal information that BCS collects and receives, including information related to your past use of BCS products and services, including but not limited to this site ("Web Site"). Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that BCS does not own or control, or to people that BCS does not employ or manage. In addition, certain BCS associated companies have their own privacy statements.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
BCS does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with BCS under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help communicate with you about offers from BCS and our marketing partners.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- BCS may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- BCS does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement, however, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Information Collection and Use
- In order to facilitate searches and manage our business, BCS collects personal information about you. We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily register with BCS, when you use BCS products or services and your browser interacts with us, when you visit BCS pages or the pages of certain BCS partners, and when you conduct certain searches. BCS may combine information that we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- The personal information we collect about you through theses various sources may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, IP address, address, and search log. Once you register with BCS and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- BCS collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of search products and information we offer.
- BCS automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, BCS's cookie information, search activity, and the pages you request.
- BCS uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, publish search data, and provide reporting for internal and external clients.
- BCS may set and access BCS cookies on your computer.
- BCS lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to BCS's cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your BCS Account Information within our members area by clicking "My Account" and then "Make Changes".
- To exclude yourself from commercial emails and alerts sent by BCS, simply click the "Unsubscribe" link provided in any commercial email message.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the BCS service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and customer receipts, that are considered part of your BCS account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
BCS may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your BCS account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Effective Date: May 11, 2009